Welcome

To my little corner of the world!

Where we will talk about everything
from body butters and coconut oil
to weathered wood.

Arts and crafts and supplies, too!

Grandkids, grandkids and more grandkids!

Guineas, chickens, dogs and cats!

Gardens and roses and rainbows, too!

Blog Archive

Favorite Blog Links

Friday, July 4, 2008

NEW BABY GUINEAS BORN TODAY!

We have 14 new baby guineas, born this morning! They are beautiful grey, white, and browns!

Mommy guinea and babies are doing fine! Mommy guinea was a little upset that I collected the babies and put them in a cage, but she finally joined them and is starting to settle in.

Guineas are not famous for taking good care of babies. They tend to let them sit out in the rain and weather unprotected from hawks and other predators. So I always collect and put them in a large cage. Then the grandkids and I feed , water , and play with them daily to get them use to us being around. That way when they get big they will follow you around the yard and especially come running when its feed time!

Pictures to follow when I get time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love baby animals more than baby people, and am a mother myself (if that tells you anything).
I have two pet chimpmunks. They each have their own big cages on different floors of the house, because chippies are extremely territorial and have the personalities to match. They would kill each other.
I have some videos and info on them here:
http://etsylove.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=983420%3ABlogPost%3A30043

I have so manyh photos, but the videos are adorable. Chippie the Bear is my personal boy; he plays with me and loves me. The other one, Chicken the Chip, is less affectionate, but will come up and beg for food. He just won't play, because he didn't get that kind of attention when he was a baby.
I was recuperating from knee surgery when Chippie was a baby, and he was with me all day every day. He used to take maps in my clothing, and chew holes in it. Chips like to chew in their sleep....

Bakergirl said...

Hi Grandma Betty!
Thanks for checking out my blog, I would be honoured if you put up a link. When you said Guineas I thought you meant guinea pigs! Those birds are so amazingly adorable!